Summer Beans with Cherry Tomatoes and Tarragon
- 2 Shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
- Salt to taste
- 1 Pound fresh beans (any kind or a combination of green and yellow types)
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon fresh, coarsely chopped Tarragon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons cherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- In a medium-size bowl, toss the shallots with the champagne or white wine vinegar to draw out their pink color.
- Bring a medium-size pot of water to a boil and add 1/2 teaspoon salt. Drop in the beans and cook until just tender, 1 to 2 minutes for small young beans and up to 6 minutes for larger beans. Drain.
- Immediately toss the hot beans with the olive oil, shallots, tarragon, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. The beans will soak up the flavors as they cool to room temperature.
- Just before serving, add the sherry or red wine vinegar and toss in the cherry tomatoes.
- Adjust the salt and pepper to taste.
Serving Size: about 1 cup
Number of Servings: 6
Per Serving: Calories 95; Fat 7g; Protein 2g; Sodium 173mg; Carbohydrate 8g; fiber 3g; Saturated Fat 1g.