In the Neighborhood
Programs & Initiatives
Education and Learning
The Foundation is committed to providing valuable and relevant initiatives that focus on topics that affect all members of our community, directly or indirectly. These ongoing efforts provide inspiration, education and motivation that can lead to new levels of positive change.
- Healthy Bodies Healthy Minds Institute—The importance of integrating movement in the classroom
- LaSalle Nonprofit Center Technical Assistance Support—Connections to free technical assistance consultation
- Brain Body Connection—How increasing physical activity can improve quality of life
- Resilience—Healthy coping during adverse times leads to healthy and happy individuals
- Recreation—Encouraging healthy living through active use of our parks and recreation system
- School Wellness Initiative—A a variety of wellness efforts in our local schools
What are collaboratives? They are leaders adopting a “network mindset” and working together in order to solve problems and enable transformational change. Collaboratives in health and human services, education, recreation and economic development have been the strength of our TriCounty area.
The Foundation has worked through and strengthened existing networks, or assisted groups to create new networks to link efforts in Western Montgomery, Northern Chester and Eastern Berks Counties.
- Pottstown Early Action for Kindergarten Readiness (PEAK) –A state and national model, this initiative focuses on building partnerships with early learning programs in the Pottstown community.
- Pottstown Metropolitan Regional Planning Commission (PMRPC) – Preserves and protects rural areas and promotes long-term economic growth.
- TriCounty Health Council (TCHC) – Created to work together on the health and wellness of our community.
- School Collaborative – Provides school faculty, staff and administration a mechanism to work together as they strive to provide healthy school environments.
- TriCounty Community Network (TCN) – An organization offering resources meant to empower partnerships and affect positive community changes.
The Foundation is invested in the development of current and future grantees as they improve themselves and better their ability to serve.
VISIT OUR EVENT CALENDAR
See what events are happening in the Pottstown area.
Relief and Recovery Fund
The Pottstown Area Health and Wellness Foundation is working with the community to create a safety net of organizations and funds to meet the extraordinary needs of the communities we serve.
Around the Community
See the positive changes taking place in the Tri-County area.