Healthy Bodies Healthy Minds Institute 2022
The 2022 Healthy Bodies Healthy Minds conference, scheduled for August 2, will focus on Building and Sustaining an Equitable System of Community Wellness. This year’s event will be hybrid, providing both an in-person and virtual experience. The site for the in-person event is Montgomery County Community College, Pottstown Campus. The conference is free to attend and professional development credit for PA educators will be provided. More information is available at http://bit.ly/hbhm2022.
Healthy Bodies Healthy Minds Institute is an annual conference designed to nurture the interdisciplinary roles of educators, administrators, and researchers in fostering school environments that promote wellness as a core component of school culture, student achievement, and student, staff, and community well-being.
A live keynote and both live and pre-recorded sessions are planned for the event. Sessions will inform the following areas:
- Community Voice - Strategies and/or examples of how the values, opinions, beliefs, and perspectives of students, teachers, parents, and local citizens are considered, included, listened to, and acted upon when important decisions are being made in a district or school.
- Social Emotional Learning – Strategies to support students to acquire and apply the knowledge, skills, and attitudes to develop healthy identities, manage emotions and achieve personal and collective goals, feel and show empathy for others, establish and maintain supportive relationships, and make responsible and caring decisions.
- Inclusive Practices - Identifying, understanding and breaking down barriers to participation and belonging. Inclusion is about ensuring that children and young people, whatever their background or situation, are able to participate fully in all aspects of the life of the school.
- Career Readiness in Education and Healthcare - Providing opportunities, awareness and knowledge in the various careers in: health/wellness/health education/physical education and other related career pathways.
- Wellness for Life - Providing opportunities/knowledge/awareness for healthy living and the promotion of wellness in one’s life, adopting practices for healthy living, and wellness as a lifestyle.
- Wellness Action Planning - Sessions to support the development or assessment of school-wide wellness action plans. Wellness Action Plans serve as the guide to addressing the priority areas and conditions for wellness including but not limited to objectives, strategies, timelines, persons responsible, and indicators for evaluation.
- Resources to Support Safety – Incorporating safe and healthy living/digital safety/personal safety and well-being
All presenters for the event must be pre-approved by the HBHMI 22 Committee. Session facilitators are encouraged to communicate their interest by submitting our Presenter Interest Form.
If you need any technical assistance with presentations, recordings, etc.. Please contact Dr. Josh Hoyt at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-704-8658.
Meet the Sponsor
HBHMI is sponsored by the Pottstown Area Health & Wellness Foundation. The Foundation’s purpose is to help residents improve their health and well-being every day. One of the primary ways we aim to achieve our purpose and, ultimately, our mission is to partner with organizations in our service area by providing funding of solutions aimed at long-term improvement in healthy behaviors. One of our grant-making program areas aims to integrate best practices that promote wellness as a core component of school culture and student achievement. More about the Foundation’s strategy for funding long-term impact within a culture of transparency, equity, and learning can be found here.
Since 2004, more than $11 million has been awarded to the public and private schools within the Foundation’s service area. In short, the Foundation’s role is to help area residents improve their health and well-being every day. By doing so, we are creating a more dynamic and more vibrant community in which to live now... and into the future.
Please direct any communications here, and a member of the event team will respond accordingly.