Using Grant Funds
The grant process continues after you receive a check from the Foundation.
Grant Reports and Variances
Your program officer will work with you to ensure success. Once you’ve received your final approval notification and begin utilizing grant funds, the Foundation requires reports after six months and one year from the grant term start date. Please refer to the Grantmaking Cycles for a full list of dates relevant to your grant round.
How do I know if I need to request a variance for my grant?
- Project End Date Change: Requested when the grantee will not expend all of the allocated dollars and/or complete the scope of work at the scheduled end of the grant term OR will have completed the scope of the work and expensed the allocated dollars six months, or more, ahead of schedule.
- Revision(s) to the Scope of Work: Requested when the grantee has a circumstance that deems it necessary to change the programs, activities, or deliverables that were originally proposed for the project.
- Personnel changes: Requested when the grantee has changes to their grant contact or any other person of influence for the delivery of their scope of work.
- Budget revisions: Requested when the grantee has a relatively significant change to the allocation of funds provided by PAHWF, may occur in conjunction with a revision to the scope of work.
Relative significance of budget revisions:
- Under $10,000: Budget change of 10% of total budget
- Between $10,000 and $50,000: Budget change of $1,000 or greater
- Over $50,000: Budget change of $5,000 or greater
- Over $500,000: Budget change of $25,000 or greater
OK, I need to request a variance, what now?
- Look at our Grantee Variance Requirements and reach out to us ASAP.
Grant Terms & Conditions
View our Grant Terms & Conditions regarding all grant awards. This explains the guidelines related to use of grant funds, organizational changes, grant disbursement, grant period and more.
Grant Publicity Guidelines and Requirements
View our Grant Publicity Guidelines and Requirements Policy. This was created to ensure a consistency in recognition for projects and programs in publications, news releases, ads and other media.
See the list of relevant dates in the spring and fall for upcoming semi-annual grant cycles.