Be Part of a Healthy Environment!
Want to share your passion and commitment with our community? The Pottstown Area Health & Wellness Foundation provides a fun, dynamic workplace—where you can help make a real difference in people’s lives. We offer an ideal opportunity to learn, innovate and help motivate others to improve their health and well-being every day.
POSITION TITLE: Grant Writer
REPORTS TO: Senior Program Officer
EFFECTIVE DATE: August 2020
Summary/ObjectiveThe Grant Writer is an integral part of the Foundation’s team and works closely with area collaborative teams, non-profits, and key stakeholders in the Foundation’s service area to identify the greatest need for residents in Pottstown and surrounding areas. Our Grant Writer will build community capacity by applying for large and some small grants.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Study and understand the history, structure, objectives, programs, and financial needs of the non-profit organizations, collaborative teams, and some school districts in the Foundation’s service area.
- Research grant opportunities from foundations outside of our immediate service area.
- Research grant opportunities from government and non-government agencies including National Institutes of Health (NIH).
- Draft grant proposals and supporting documents based on the funding requirements of the organization.
- Submit proposals to Program staff for review.
- Respond to internal and external queries on drafted and submitted proposals.
- Maintain positive relations with fund providers and other key stakeholders.
- Maintain records and submit reports related to grant opportunities.
Skills and Requirements
- Excellent knowledge of proposal submission and fundraising process
- Ability to study and understand programs and funding requirements of the organization(s)
- Strong research skills and knowledge of information sources
- Multitasking, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to handle confidential matters with utmost integrity
- An understanding of urban populations
- Ability to apply and track changes in public policy to our local and regional setting
- Ability to weave impact measurement and outcomes into grant application and follow-up
- Job knowledge
- Data management
- Project leadership
- Experience in managing internal and external teams.
- Judgement & problem solving
- Collaboration & relationship skills
- Technical capacity
- Communication skills, both verbal and written
- Self-Management skills
- Support of diversity, equity and inclusion
- Customer Service
Works closely with non-profits, school district and key stakeholders.
This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, staff are temporarily able to work from their remote home location, and via ZOOM meetings.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing may be required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, exempt position. Minimum days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position may require travel for site visits, off-site meetings and learning opportunities.
Required Skills and Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, creative writing or a related area with a minimum of two years’ experience in grant writing
Preferred Education and Experience
Master’s Degree is preferred
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Knowledge base of grant funders, and grant writer software
Salary range: $45,000 to $60,000 (Commensurate with related experience)
Please email resume and thoughtful cover letter to: RoseWalters@PottstownFoundation.org