Crockpot Chicken and Apples
- 6 oz can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/2 tsp. dried marjoram leaves
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 Granny Smith apples, cored and sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- In small bowl, combine thawed orange juice concentrate (do not use regular orange juice), marjoram and nutmeg. Place onions and garlic in bottom of 3-4 quart slow cooker. Dip each chicken breast into the orange mixture to coat and place in crockpot over onions. Pour any remaining orange juice mixture over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on Low for 6-7 hours until chicken is almost cooked. Add apples and cook one hour longer on Low until apples are tender and chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Mix together water and cornstarch in a small bowl and stir into the juices in saucepan. Cover and cook on high heat, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thick and bubbly, 20-30 minutes. Serve the sauce over the chicken and apples.