Potato Salad with Green Beans
- 1-1/3 pounds (4 medium) unpeeled red or white potatoes, halved and then sliced 1/4″ thick
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces green beans, trimmed and cut into thirds
- 3 tablespoons prepared honey mustard or hot-sweet mustard
- 2 tablespoons each: unseasoned rice vinegar and canola oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- salt & frshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In 3-quart saucepan, cover potatoes with water; add salt. Bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook until potatoes are almost tender, about 6 minutes.
- Add beans; cover and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until potatoes are just tender. Drain thoroughly and cool 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, whisk mustard, vinegar and oil until thoroughly blended and smooth. Add onion, potatoes and beans; toss gently to coat. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Makes 4 servings (about 5 cups)
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes