Healthy Bodies Healthy Minds Institute (HBHMI or 'The Institute') is an annual conference designed to nurture the interdisciplinary roles of educators, administrators, and researchers in fostering school environments that promote wellness as a core component of student achievement. This year’s theme is Cultivating a Culture of Wellness in Schools!
Healthy Bodies Healthy Minds Institute 2019 will take place on Wednesday, August 14 at The Sunnybrook, 50 Sunnybrook Rd., Pottstown, PA.
Click Here to Register
What are the Learning Objectives for HBHMI 2019?
Participants of Healthy Bodies Healthy Minds Institute 2019 can expect to learn:
- What constitutes a “wellness culture”.
- About the research and best practices in support of a wellness culture in schools.
- How to tailor instruction to address the learning and developmental needs of individual students and staff.
- Practical approaches for overcoming obstacles and implementing strategies that follow the whole school, whole community whole child framework.
The following themes will help us meet these learning objectives:
- Physical Activity / Active Learning
- Healthy Eating / Nutrition Education
- Social and Emotional Learning
- Mental Health
- Capacity Building for Wellness Teams and Champions
Any PA Registered teacher that needs continuing education credit can receive Act 48 credit through our partner, Fizika Group, LLC.