PAHWF Awards $1.14 Million in Grants
POTTSTOWN, PA (December 21, 2022)—Pottstown Area Health & Wellness Foundation has awarded $1,144,900 to 25 projects and programs in the Pottstown area. The funds are divided between the Foundation’s two grantmaking pillars—Developing Youth Potential and Promoting Equitable Health and Wellness.
In Developing Youth Potential: Early Childhood Development, $72,500 was awarded to two projects.
- Family Services of Montgomery County: Positive Parenting Program
- Maternity Care Coalition: Early Head Start (EHS) program in Pottstown
In Developing Youth Potential: Youth Preparedness, $380,000 was awarded to six projects.
- Soul Saving Our Underprivileged Lives: Breaking the Cycle
- STRIVE Initiative: Sustainability Action Plan II
- Trellis For Tomorrow: Building a Healthier Future through Youth and Food
- TriCounty Community Network: C2 & Launching Leaders- Service Provider Capacity Building
- TriCounty Community Network: C2- Community Camp & Launching Leaders
- YWCA Tri-County Area: General Operating/ Youth Programming 2023-24
In Promoting Equitable Health and Wellness: Health Access and Delivery, $90,000 was awarded to four projects.
- Child Advocacy Center of Montgomery County (Mission Kids): Mission Kids in Pottstown
- Health Care Access: Health Programs
- Orion Communities: Bridge Case Management and Direct Aid
- Vision To Learn: Access to Vision Care for Pottstown Students
In Promoting Equitable Health and Wellness: Health Equity, $393,000 was awarded to nine projects.
- Hearts Of Humanity Community Development Corporation: Healthy Plates from The Garden
- Hedwig House: Food and Housing Insecurity and Social Isolation Prevention Program
- Pottstown Area Regional Recreation Committee: Regional Recreation Survey and DEI Training
- Pottstown Athletic Club: Fitnesstown USA, Community Support Center – The Adapted Advantage
- Pottstown Cluster of Religious Communities: Food Access & More than Food Coaching & Education
- Pottstown FARM: SNAP Incentives, Two Bite Club & Operation143 partnership
- Schuylkill River Greenway Association: Pottstown Outdoor Recreation Hub
- TriCounty Active Adult Center: Prime Time Health for Older Adults
- Visiting Nurse Association Community Services: Personal Navigator Program – Improved Health Outcomes Through Benefit Access
In Promoting Equitable Health & Wellness: Built Environment, $209,400 was awarded to four projects.
- Borough of Pottstown: Riverfront Park Pedestrian Bridge Improvements
- Douglass Township, Montgomery County: Douglass Park Trail and Park Improvements
- Royersford Borough: Trestle Bridge Rehabilitation
- YWCA Tri-County Area: Collaborative Opportunity Centers for Leadership, Health & Education Equity.
Pottstown Area Health & Wellness Foundation is a nonprofit community organization that serves communities within a 10-mile radius of Pottstown. Founded in 2003, the Foundation partners with nonprofits, local governments, and schools to ensure that every member of our community has the opportunity to embrace a healthy lifestyle. Learn more about the Foundation’s grantmaking process at pottstownfoundation.org/grantmaking.