Whether it’s promoting healthy living through healthy eating, active living, or providing accessible and quality health care, we always enjoy the energy and enthusiasm that new grantees bring to our region.
It’s easy to apply, and we’ve provided Checklists and guidelines to help you put together a successful grant application. We look forward to hearing your creative ideas for promoting good health in the Pottstown TriCounty area.
Who We Help
The Pottstown Area Health & Wellness Foundation service area is defined by a 10-mile radius around Pottstown. However, your funded organization does not need to be located in our area—it only needs to serve people in our service area.
We serve non-profit organizations with a tax-exempt status in good standing with the IRS, which strive to promote priorities that are in line with our mission. For more information about the needs and information about our area, please reference our Community Health Needs Assessment.
The Foundation awards grants according to the following priority areas:
- Funding Programs and solutions for long-term improvement in healthy behaviors.
- Promoting healthy living through nutrition, activities and programs in public and private schools to reduce obesity and encourage healthy living.
- Improving parks, programming and the built environment to increase access and physical activity.
- Creating and promoting social networks involving healthy living.
- Funding programs for physical health and emotional well-being.
- Funding learning opportunities and strategic planning to strengthen non-profits.
See a list of the grants we have awarded since our founding. Success Stories
Over the years we have seen organizations make a difference in our community here are som eo their success stories
How We Approach Grantmaking
We want to encourage your ideas, projects and passion. We love creative solutions for long-term health improvements and especially commend innovation and collaboration. If you are already a grantee organization, consider trying something new. Add to existing ideas or change some aspects of projects.
See the grants that have been awarded in previous cycles
Around the Community
See the positive changes taking place in the Tri-County area.