Foundation Awards $1.2 Million in Grants
POTTSTOWN, PA (July 20, 2022)—The Pottstown Area Health & Wellness Foundation has awarded $1,220,000 to 34 projects and programs in the Pottstown Area. The funds, aimed at ensuring equitable opportunities for all community members to embrace a healthier lifestyle, are divided between the Foundation’s grantmaking pillars—Developing Youth Potential and Promoting Equitable Health and Wellness.
In the area of Developing Youth Potential: Early Childhood Development, $140,000 was awarded to three projects.
- Maternal and Child Health Consortium of Chester County: Ensuring a Healthy Start and Benefits Access for Underserved Families
- Montgomery Early Learning Centers: Increasing Opportunities for Outdoor Activities and Gross Motor Enhancement
- Pottstown School District: PEAK Whole Child Wellness
In the area of Developing Youth Potential: School Programs K-12, $403,000 was awarded to nine projects.
- Pottstown Children’s Discovery Center: No Kid Left Out: Growing a Love of Learning
- Pottstown School District: Healthy School Communities – HS gym project
- Boyertown Area School District: Brain Body Mind Connection
- Brookeside Montessori: B-Well Program
- Daniel Boone Area School District: District Wellness
- Owen J. Roberts School District: Fit for Life Strategic Wellness Program
- Pottsgrove School District: 2022-2023 Health & Wellness Grant Proposal
- Pottstown School District: Healthy School Communities
- Spring-Ford Area School District: SFASD: Wellness Matters 2022-23
In the area of Developing Youth Potential: Youth Preparedness, $192,000 was awarded to five projects.
- Pottstown Area Police Athletic League: Supporting Program Implementation and Offering Opportunities in Youth Sports
- Greater Pottstown Tennis And Learning Association: Game, Set, Advantage
- Julian Dorsey Foundation: Eliminating seasonal youth program gaps within Pottstown
- Pottstown Penguins Ice Hockey: Developing Core Values Through Youth Ice Hockey
- Project Purpose: Mentoring with a Purpose: After School Homework Help
In the area of Promoting Equitable Health and Wellness: Built Environment, $299,000 was awarded to nine projects.
- Pottstown Area Regional Recreation Committee: PARRC Interactive Map and Story Map Project
- Save Alliance Foundation d.b.a. GreenAllies: Teaching Kitchens—Nourishing a Community
- Adventure Grove Inclusive Playground, Inc.: Hoffman Field—Adventure Grove Inclusive Playground Master Plan
- East Coventry Township Parks and Recreation: Parker Ford Riverside Park Engineering Project
- Expressive Therapy Concepts, Inc.: Smashville Badminton: Kids and Adult Fitness Program
- Montgomery County Housing Authority: Bright Hope Community Play Space
- North Coventry Township: Coventry Woods-Chestnut Hill Trailhead Improvements Project
- Township of Upper Pottsgrove: Upper West/Sprogels Run Trail Improvement Project
- West Pottsgrove Township: Pool Property Master Plan
In the area of Promoting Equitable Health and Wellness: Health Access and Delivery, $106,000 was awarded to four projects.
- Pottstown Public Library: Informed Patrons are Healthy Patrons
- Accion Comunal Latinoamericana de Montgomery County: ACLAMO’s Pottstown Community Health Connections Program
- Mitzvah Circle Foundation: Critical Needs for Healthy Families, Diaper Bank, and Period Supply Programs
- Pottstown Family Center (Family Services of Mont.Co): Project HEARTH (Helping Elderly Adults Remain in Their Homes)
In the area of Promoting Equitable Health and Wellness: Health Equity, $80,000 was awarded to four projects.
- Chester County Food Bank: Fresh2You Mobile Market
- Meals On Wheels Of Chester County, Inc.: Purchase of nutritious meals for homebound residents in northern part of Chester County
- TriCounty Community Network, Inc.: Resident Engagement, Equity, Power
- United Way of Boyertown Area: Supporting Gilbertsville/Boyertown Area Residents to Attack Homelessness and Near Homeless
Pottstown Area Health & Wellness Foundation is a nonprofit community organization that serves communities within a 10-mile radius of Pottstown. Founded in 2003, the Foundation partners with nonprofits, local governments, and schools to ensure that every member of our community has the opportunity to embrace a healthy lifestyle. Learn more about the Foundation’s grantmaking process at pottstownfoundation.org/grantmaking.