While there’s not yet a vaccine or cure for COVID-19, there are several steps you can take to make sure your immune system is prepared to fight off the virus, courtesy of Harvard Medical School’s Coronavirus Resource Center.
- Don’t smoke.
- Eat a diet high in fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
- Take a multivitamin if you suspect that you may not be getting all the nutrients you need through your diet.
- Exercise regularly.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Control your stress level.
- Control your blood pressure.
- If you drink alcohol, drink only in moderation (no more than one to two drinks a day for men, no more than one a day for women).
- Get enough sleep.
The best way to fend off the virus is to keep from becoming infected in the first place. Practice social distancing, wash your hands, and keep up with the latest news and information on the Montgomery County COVID-19 dashboard.
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania has produced a comprehensive coronavirus guide for individuals, businesses, and families. It includes everything from mitigation guidance to mental health resources to unemployment compensation information. Visit and bookmark the guide to keep informed.