Spring Grants Total $1,704,683
POTTSTOWN, July 24, 2020—The Pottstown Area Health & Wellness Foundation has awarded $1,704,683 to 30 nonprofits, schools, and municipalities during the spring 2020 grant round. The grants were divided among five program areas: Healthy Behaviors-Schools, Healthy Behaviors-Parks, Healthy Behaviors-Networks, Physical and Emotional Health, and Strengthening Non-Profits.
In the Healthy Behaviors-Schools program area, $1,027,610 was awarded to fund 10 projects intended to improve educational opportunities for students in public and private learning institutions.
- Boyertown Area School District—Brain Body Connection
- Brookeside Montessori—BWell Program
- Daniel Boone Area School District—School District Wellness Programs
- Owen J. Roberts School District—Fit for Life Strategic Wellness Program
- Pottsgrove School District—Health & Wellness Grant Proposal
- Pottstown School District—Healthy School Communities
- Pottstown School District—PEAK Whole Child Wellness
- Spring-Ford Area School District—Wellness Matters 2020-21
- St. Aloysius Parish School—Health in Mind, Body, and Spirit
- West-Mont Christian Academy—Social and Emotional Wellness
In the Healthy Behaviors-Parks program area, $117,500 was awarded to fund five projects with the aim of improving parks, programming, and the built environment to increase access to physical activity.
- Borough of Pottstown —Ice Skating for Everyone
- Borough of Pottstown—Memorial Park Bridge and Streambank Stabilization Project
- Colebrookdale Railroad Preservation Trust—Colebrookdale Railroad Accessibility Improvements
- East Coventry Township Parks and Recreation—DiBono Property Trails
- North Coventry Township—Coventry Trail
In the Healthy Behaviors-Networks program area, $370,948 was awarded to fund 13 projects. These projects are intended to create and promote social networks involving healthy living.
- Accion Comunal Latinoamericana de Montgomery County—ACLAMO’s Pottstown Community Health Connections Program
- Boyertown Area Multi-Service, Inc.—Ricketts Center Programming
- Expressive Therapy Concepts Inc.—Smashville Badminton: Kids and Adult Fitness Program
- First Baptist Church—FBC 2020! A Strategic Future
- Foundation for Boyertown Education—Foundation for Boyertown Organizational Sustainability and Growth
- Frederick Mennonite Community—It’s Never Too Late System for Dementia Care
- Greater Pottstown Tennis and Learning Association—Game, Set, Advantage
- Green Valleys Association—Outdoor Education Programs at Pottstown Elementary Schools
- Meals on Wheels of Chester County Inc.—Feeding Homebound Residents of Spring City
- Mitzvah Circle Foundation—Critical Needs: Creating Healthy Families, Diaper Bank and Period Supplies
- Project Purpose—Project Purpose: General Operating
- Save Alliance Foundation (GreenAllies)—Youth Grow
- United Way of Boyertown Area—Matching Grant with the United Way of Boyertown Area
In the Physical and Emotional Health program area, $43,425 was awarded for one project offering learning opportunities for physical and emotional health.
- Maternal and Child Health Consortium of Chester County—Healthy Start and Access to Benefits for Vulnerable Families in Pottstown
In the Strengthening Nonprofits program area, $145,200 was awarded for one project offering learning opportunities and strategic planning to help strengthen non-profits.
- TriCounty Community Network Inc. —Community Collaborative
In addition to spring grant round awards, the Foundation has made 18 off-cycle grants totaling $292,422.69 since January.
The Pottstown Area Health & Wellness Foundation’s mission is to enhance the health and wellness of area residents, providing education, funding, and programs that motivate people to adopt healthy lifestyles.