Pottstown Area Health & Wellness Foundation Celebrated 15 Year Anniversary and Success of Grantees
$38.5M in Grants Over 15 Years for Inspiring Healthy Initiatives in the Community
April 17, 2019, Pottstown, Pa. – Last week, Pottstown Area Health & Wellness Foundation (PAHWF) held its 15th Anniversary dinner and reception on April 10, 2019 at the SunnyBrook Ballroom, Pottstown, Pa., for its grantees and their success that have made the area a better place to live, work and play.
During the reception, a commemorative video highlighted key accomplishments and the grants made in each of the Foundation’s priority areas over the past 15 years, totaling $38.5M. Below is the breakdown by priority area:
- Healthy Behaviors–Schools – 223 grants awarded, totaling $9,564,948
- Healthy Behaviors–Parks – 107 grants awarded, totaling $3,044,114
- Healthy Behaviors–Networks – 340 grants awarded, totaling $10,001,553
- Health Access – 199 grants awarded, totaling $10,925,687
- Strengthen Non-Profits – 158 grants awarded, totaling $4,960,912
According to PAHWF President David Kraybill, the success of the Foundation is a true reflection of the energy and compassion of the grantees who work diligently to inspire positive change.
PAHWF celebrated its 15th Anniversary with a “We Fit Together” theme, which recognizes that its 15-year anniversary celebrates more than its own role. It represents a much larger celebration of the impact its grantees have made. Within the next few weeks, PAHWF will roll out social media videos to share with the community of grantees’ activities that provide positive impact to the residents and businesses of the area.