PAHWF Awards $1,451,405 to Community Organizations
The Pottstown Area Health & Wellness Foundation awarded $1,451,405 to 33 nonprofits, schools, and municipalities during the spring 2021 grant round. Grants were divided among five program areas: Healthy Behaviors-Schools, Healthy Behaviors-Parks, Healthy Behaviors-Networks, Physical and Emotional Health, and Strengthening Nonprofits.
In the Healthy Behaviors-Schools program area, $287,655 was awarded to fund seven projects intended to improve educational opportunities for students in public and private learning institutions.
• Foundation For Boyertown Education—Building Sustainability
• Foundation for Pottstown Education—General Operating Support
• Holy Cross Regional Catholic School—Buddy Benches for Holy Cross Regional Catholic School
• Pottstown School District—PEAK Whole Child Wellness
• Pottstown School District—PTICC Coordinator and Organizational Learning
• Spring-Ford Area School District—Wellness Matters 2021-22
• St. Aloysius Parish School—St. Aloysius Spring 2021
In the Healthy Behaviors-Parks program area, $45,400 was awarded to fund two projects with the aim of improving parks, programming, and the built environment to increase access to physical activity.
• East Coventry Township Parks and Recreation—Towpath Park Phase I Engineering
• North Coventry Township—Riverside Park Pickleball Courts
In the Healthy Behaviors-Networks program area, $634,850 was awarded to fund 16 projects. These projects are intended to create and promote social networks involving healthy living.
• Accion Comunal Latinoamericana de Montgomery County (ACLAMO)—Pottstown Community Health Connections Program
• Boyertown Area Multi-Service—Ricketts Center
• Camp Rainbow—Life Skills Development
• Chester County Food Bank—Greater Pottstown Area Food Security Initiatives
• Expressive Therapy Concepts—Smashville Badminton: Kids and Adult Fitness Program
• Greater Pottstown Tennis And Learning Association—Game, Set, Advantage
• Julian Dorsey Foundation—Infrastructure Growth of Marketing, Leadership, and Development
• Meals On Wheels Of Chester County—Nutritious meals for northern section of Chester County
• Michaels Community Services Corporation—Outdoor Classroom
• Mitzvah Circle Foundation—Critical Needs for Healthy Families, Diaper Bank, and Period Supplies Programs
• Pottstown Children’s Discovery Center—Pottstown Children’s Discovery Center Comes to Life
• Project Purpose—General Operating
• Save Alliance Foundation d.b.a. GreenAllies—The Community Empowerment Project: Building Social Capital through Volunteerism
• Steel River Playhouse—Healing on High Street
• Strive Initiative—Sustainability in Action Program
• The Pennsylvania State University—Promoting Physical Activity among Preschool Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder: Expanding the Capacity of Teachers and Caregivers to Engage Children in Active Play
In the Physical and Emotional Health program area, $46,000 was awarded for three projects offering learning opportunities for physical and emotional health.
• Creative Health Services—COVID Relief & Recovery Fund
• Maternal and Child Health Consortium of Chester County—Ensuring a Healthy Start and Access to Benefits for Underserved Families in Pottstown
• Tower Health Medical Group—Pottstown Family Practice: COVID Relief & Recovery Fund
In the Strengthening Nonprofits program area, $437,500 was awarded for five projects offering learning opportunities and strategic planning to strengthen nonprofits.
• TriCounty Area Chamber of Commerce Foundation—Leadership Program
• TriCounty Community Network—Racial Equity Learning Community
• TriCounty Community Network—Community Collaborative
• TriCounty Community Network—Love Your Block
• United Way of Boyertown Area—Matching Grant with the United Way of Boyertown Area
The Pottstown Area Health & Wellness Foundation serves communities within a 10-mile radius of Pottstown, and works with nonprofits, local government, and schools to ensure that every member of our community has the opportunity to embrace a healthy lifestyle.