Fall 2021 Grant Round
The Fall 2021 grant round marked the implementation of the Foundation’s new Results Framework. In implementing the framework, our goal is to hold true to our over arching funding principle–to foster a culture of transparency, equity, and learning in the community and with our partners. During the fall 2021 grant round, Pottstown Area Health & Wellness Foundation awarded $1,076,042 among 34 programs. Grants are categorized under two core pillars (Developing Youth Potential and Promoting Equitable Health & Wellness) and divided among a total of six program areas.
In Developing Youth Potential: Early Childhood Development, $92,330 was awarded to fund three projects.
- Carson Valley Children’s Aid: Women’s Voices Healthy Choices
- Family Services of Montgomery County: Positive Parenting Program Initiative
- Maternity Care Coalition: Early Head Start (EHS) program in Pottstown
In Developing Youth Potential—School Programs (K-12), $12,000 was awarded to fund one project.
- Traces Of Love Association: Advancing Grief Support and Education
In Developing Youth Potential—Youth Preparedness, $135,000 was awarded to fund four projects.
- Pottstown Branch- Philadelphia Freedom Valley YMCA: Dragonfly Forest Camperships: Structured Play, Socioemotional Learning & Disability Rights
- Trellis For Tomorrow: Building a Healthier Future through Youth and Food
- TriCounty Community Network Inc: C2 & Launching Leaders
- TriCounty Community Network Inc: C2 & Launching Leaders- Capacity Building
In equitable Health & Wellness—Built Environment, $356,212 was awarded to fund seven projects.
- Borough of Pottstown: Washington/West Street Park Improvements Project
- Boyertown Area Multi-Service, Inc: Interior and Exterior Basketball Court Improvement Plan
- Boyertown Midget Baseball League, Inc: Mackey Field at Boyertown Community Park
- Lower Pottsgrove Township: Sanatoga Park Playground and Signage Project
- Pottstown Athletic Club: Fitnesstown USA, Continues.
- Schuylkill River Greenway Association: Pottstown Outdoor Recreation Hub
- TriCounty Active Adult Center: Prime Time Health for Older Adults
In equitable Health & Wellness—Health Access & Delivery, $67,500 was awarded to fund four projects.
- Camphill Village Kimberton Hills: Village Support Fund (General Operation Costs)
- Child Advocacy Center Of Montgomery County (Mission Kids): Improving Access to Trauma-Informed Services
- Health Care Access: Health Programs
- Visiting Nurse Association Community Services, Inc. (VNA): Personal Navigator Program: Improved Health Outcomes through Benefit Access
In equitable Health & Wellness—Health Equity, $413,000 was awarded for 15 projects.
- Centro Cultural Latinos Unidos Inc: Five Points To Achieve a Healthy Latino Lifestyle II
- Developmental Enterprises Corp./Pottstown Training Center: Healthy Eating, Healthy Living
- Laurel House: Clinical Counseling Services for Victims of Domestic Abuse
- Mental Health Partnerships: Project Restore/Renew
- New Hanover Evangelical Lutheran Church: NHELC Loaves and Fishes & Garden of Hope
- Pottstown Cluster of Religious Communities: Healthy Living through Accessible Services
- Pottstown Cluster of Religious Communities: DEI in our Human Resources
- Pottstown FARM: Pottstown FARM
- Preservation Pottstown Inc: Pottstown Community Gardens
- Royersford Outreach, Inc: General Operating Funds for Building and Program
- The Salvation Army, Pottstown: Job Readiness training and counseling
- Save Our Land Save Our Towns Enterprises Inc: Growing and conserving Pottstown’s street trees
- The Lending Helping Hands Services: The nurturing food services
- TriCounty Community Network Inc: MAHN 2022 Strategic Plan
- Variety-Children’s Charity of the Delaware Valley: MAHN 2022 Strategic Plan