Grant Recognition Guidelines
All Pottstown Area Health & Wellness Foundation grantees are requested to provide recognition for projects/programs funded by the Foundation.
Types of recognition may include, but are not limited to:
- News Releases: Draft news releases should be forwarded to Rose Walters for final approval at least five business days before publication. The Foundation reserves the right to submit releases to local media as well.
- Social Media Posts: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.
- Website: Grantees are encouraged to list the Foundation as a funder/partner on their website and link the Foundation’s website as part of any web recognition.
- Publications & Literature: Newsletters, annual reports, pamphlets, brochures, flyers, etc.
- Signage: The Foundation reserves the right to approve all signs for building and/or capital budget purposes.
The Foundation reserves the right to decline requests to publicize funding support.
The resources below include guidance on the use of the Foundation's logo, brand standards, and general information that may be useful when communicating about Foundation partnerships and collaborations. The Foundation's logo is available for download in multiple file formats. Should you require other formats or color variants, please reach out to our communications specialist, John Robertson.
General Information for Use in Recognition and Publication
Pottstown Area Health & Wellness Foundation works to enhance the health and wellness of area residents, providing education, funding, and programs that promote equitable access and inclusive opportunities for all residents to adopt healthy lifestyles.
The Foundation was formed in 2003 from proceeds of the sale of the Pottstown Memorial Medical Center, and has provided over $48 million in funding to local schools, municipalities, and nonprofit organizations serving residents within a ten-mile radius of Pottstown.
The Foundation's grantmaking is based on two pillars—Developing Youth Potential and Promoting Equitable Health and Wellness. These two are complemented by the Foundation's collaborative pillar—Collaborating for a Healthier Future—to engage and empower a diverse set of constituents and partners who actively work, learn, and support a healthier future for all residents.
Support for News Releases
Our staff regularly works with grant recipients and collaborative partners to draft and submit news and information to local media. A customizable news release template is available for announcing your grant award. Reach out to John Robertson, our communications specialist, for further assistance with putting together your news release and sharing with local news outlets, including:
- Conceptualizing Your Story
- Formatting and Editing
- Photo Selection and Editing
- Submitting to Press
Partner Impact Profiles
We want to help share stories of how your work is making an impact in the lives of Pottstown area residents. Our partner impact profiles highlight all the ways that organizations are creating long-term change and transforming lives in our community. Please fill out this form if you’re interested in sharing your story with us!
We request that grantees provide timely notification to the Foundation of all events related to grant awards. Community events may be submitted to our community calendar through JotForm. For a full listing of events in the Pottstown area, visit our community event calendar.