Skillet Sweet Potatoes
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 4 ounces orange juice
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon melted butter or canola oil or olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, combine the sweet potatoes with enough boiling water to cover. Cover and cook, for about 10 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are tender. Drain well.
- Meantwhile, in a small bowl, combine all the remaining ingredients. Return the potatoes to the skillet and pour the sauce over top. Cook, stirring, over medium heat for about 6 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are glazed.
Makes 4 servings
1 Serving: Calories 177; protein 4g; carbohydrate 35g; fat 3 g; cholesterol 0nmg; dietary fiber 4g; sodium 174.