- 1 pound fresh broccoli; cut flowerets and stems into 1 x 1/2-inch pieces (4 cups) *
- 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Roma (plum) tomatoes seeded and chopped
- Heat 1-inch water to boiling in 10-inch skillet. Add broccoli. Heat to boiling. Boil 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender, drain and set aside. Wipe out and dry skillet with paper towel.
- Heat oil in same skillet over medium heat. Stir in remaniing ingredients. Heat about 1 minute, stirring frequently, until hot. Add broccoli and gently toss.
*2 packages (10-ounces each) frozen chopped broccoli, cooked and drained, can be substituted for the fresh broccoli. Omit step 1; cook broccoli as directed on package.
Makes 4 servings
1 Serving: Calories 65 (Calories from Fat 45); Fat 5g, Sodium 320mg; Carbohydrate 5g (Dietary Fiber 2g); Protein 2g.
%Daily Value: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 58%; Calcium 4%; Iron 4%.