By: Mission Healthy Living
April 29, 2016
Boyertown Area School District together with The Wellness Council of Boyertown present a speaker who is not only an expert in his field but delivers an engaging, can't-miss talk that is authentic, practical and supportive to parents- or anyone working with children and teens!
Dr. Kenneth Ginsburg is a pediatrician at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and professor of pediatrics at the University of Pennsylvania. He will speak on the topic of raising kids to thrive and cope in the face of adversity in a two-part series:
Part I: Tuesday, May 3, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Balancing the unconditionality of our love with the high expectations our children need to thrive, including basic communication skills to maintain and restore relationships.
Part II: Thursday, May 5, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Protecting our children without undermining their ability to learn from the life lessons they need to experience in order to thrive.
*Note: You do not have to attend Part I to attend Part II.*
This talk is an overview of the Seven C’s Model of Resilience. It focuses on communication strategies that position parents to be unwavering positive forces in their children’s lives. Parents will leave the session better prepared to:
- Build confidence in their children
- Notice and reinforce their children’s competence
- Foster the vital connection between parents and children
- Develop character and a sense of contribution in their children
- Develop those critical coping strategies that will help their children thrive even through difficult times
- Help their children and teens gain control by learning that the privileges they earn are linked to the responsibility they demonstrate.
It also provides an overview of resilience with attention to strategies parents can use to help their children help themselves.
To learn more about Dr. Ginsburg, visit here.
The event will also feature a Family Health Expo which will open at 5:30 p.m. each night prior to Dr. Ginsburg's presentations. There will be door prize giveaways!
To register for this event, visit here.