This past Friday I turned 24 — I know... SO old, right? Believe it or not, when I was little, I always (as I’m sure most little kids wanted to) wanted to be older and do things the “big kids” could do. Everyone always told me I would regret that and I should enjoy being a kid, and let me tell you they were right! Now I understand why all the adults always said they’d give anything to be young again.
This year has really gone by in the blink of an eye and my transition from full-time student to full-time adult has been a whirlwind. With that being said, I’d like to share with you all 10 things I would like to embrace more as a 24-year-old, navigating post-graduate life and her first “big girl” job:
- Take time to enjoy the little things in life
- Save more, spend less
- Adding on to that first one, take more ME time
- Laugh often
- Be grateful even on my toughest days
- Show my friends and family how much they mean to me as much as possible
- Do more to help others
- Learn as much as I can
- Read more books
- Realize that I’m not perfect, but I’m perfect just the way I am!
Hope everyone has a great Monday!