To help ensure you have everything you need when applying for a grant, we’ve prepared the following checklist for your convenience.
Please have the following documents ready to upload before completing this application:
- Governing Board – Examples include Directors, Supervisors, School Board Members, Trustees, etc. Please include names, addresses, business and community affiliations, and the percentage of Board Members who contribute to your organization.
- Organization Budget – Please include your Board-approved annual Organization Budget for the current year including income and expenses. Please note that this is the budget for your entire organization, not the budget exclusive to your program.
- Proof of Non-Profit or Governmental Status – For non-profits, this is an IRS verification of 501(c)(3) status. For schools, libraries, townships, and other governmental entities, this is a copy of documentation that shows governmental status.
- Project Work Plan – This is completed on the PAHWF Project Work Plan. Please be prepared to describe all sources of funding for the program in addition to what is requested from the Foundation.
- Audited Financials OR Form 990 – Please include your last audited financial statements including an opinion letter. If you do not have recent audited financial statements, please upload a copy of your most recently filed 990 tax form.
Grant Terms & Conditions
View our Grant Terms & Conditions regarding all grant awards. This explains the guidelines related to use of grant funds, organizational changes, grant disbursement, grant period and more.
Grantee Variance Requirements
How do I know if I need to request a variance for my grant?
- Project End Date Change: Requested when the grantee will not expend all of the allocated dollars and/or complete the scope of work at the scheduled end of the grant term OR will have completed the scope of the work and expensed the allocated dollars six months, or more, ahead of schedule.
- Revision(s) to the Scope of Work: Requested when the grantee has a circumstance that deems it necessary to change the programs, activities, or deliverables that were originally proposed for the project.
- Personnel changes: Requested when the grantee has changes to their grant contact or any other person of influence for the delivery of their scope of work.
- Budget revisions: Requested when the grantee has a relatively significant change to the allocation of funds provided by PAHWF, may occur in conjunction with a revision to the scope of work.
Relative significance of budget revisions:
- Under $10,000: Budget change of 10% of total budget
- Between $10,000 and $50,000: Budget change of $1,000 or greater
- Over $50,000: Budget change of $5,000 or greater
- Over $500,000: Budget change of $25,000 or greater
OK, I need to request a variance, what now?
Grant Publicity Guidelines and Requirements
View our Grant Publicity Guidelines and Requirements Policy. This was created to ensure a consistency in recognition for projects and programs in publications, news releases, ads and other media.