Event Support Less than $2,500:
If you are considering submitting a request for event support that is less than $2,500, please contact Rose Walters at email@example.com with event-related information and what is being requested. This may include a monetary event sponsorship or donation of a promotional item, such as bottled water.
Event Support of $2,500 or Above:
For event funding requests that exceed $2,500, please refer to the following goals and guidelines to assist you in submitting a letter of intent in one of our regular grant cycles.
Goals for Large Event Requests
- To promote the Foundation’s service area as a “destination” for all-purpose parks and recreational activity, including:
- In-park activity on a sustained basis
- Periodic in-park activity over a sustained time
- Sustainable park and recreational activity resulting from regular or periodic short-term activities/events. To support events that align with the Foundation’s mission and which incorporate local parks, trails, river, and/or other local natural resources.
Guidelines for Large Event Support Grant Requests ($2,500-$10,000)
- A minimum of two years demonstrated success with the event.
- Commitment to provide lasting community benefit, such as a pre- or post-event health-related activity associated with the event lasting at least several weeks in duration.
- The special event to take place within the 10-mile service area with a special priority given to activities that take place in local parks, trails, river, and/or other local natural resource areas.
- Grantees will be encouraged to engage in a Strategic Planning process in order to better plan the future roadmap of their event.
- Grantee must submit all required documentation with application to demonstrate non-profit status, project budget, organizational fiscal responsibility, and board of director involvement.
- Grantees are encouraged to apply for requests during the specified grant cycles each year.
- The Grants Committee and Foundation staff will process all event requests as they do other grant requests.
Questions regarding large event, grant-related requests can be directed to Rachael Giambrone, firstname.lastname@example.org