The Foundation provides grants according to the following priority areas:
- Funding programs and solutions for long-term improvement in healthy behaviors.
- Promoting healthy living through nutrition, activities and programs in public and private schools to reduce obesity and encourage healthy living.
- Improving parks, programming and the built environment to increase access and physical activity.
- Creating and promoting social networks involving healthy living.
- Funding programs for physical health and emotional well-being.
- Funding learning opportunities and strategic planning to strengthen non-profits.
Our role in the Pottstown community is multi-faceted. Aside from grantmaking, we also serve the Pottstown area by:
- Acting as a convener of non-profit, governmental, educational, and municipal entities to encourage conversations that will ultimately serve as a catalyst to create positive and health-related systemic change in Pottstown.
- Focusing on programs and services that build long-term solutions to meet the current and future health needs in the Pottstown service area.
- Coordinating and funding non-profit resources and sponsoring professional development programs for our grantees as well as to the nonprofits in the region.
- Leading the Healthy Schools collaborative group.
- Providing health and wellness information and resources on the Pottstown Area Health & Wellness Foundation and Mission Healthy Living websites.
- Collaborating with representatives at the regional and state level, and local municipalities to improve the parks and trail systems in our area.
- Committing to the use and maintenance of the resources of our long-term endowment effectively and efficiently.