REGISTER TICKET PACKETS HERE CONTEST RULES LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Area municipalities nominated a park of their choosing and are cooperatively promoting local parks, challenging community members and residents to explore the parks throughout the month of July. Individuals who register and vote can help their park win grant funds from the Pottstown Area Health & Wellness Foundation. At the same time, the more an individual votes, the more likely they are to win some of our great prizes!
Municipal Prizes include:
Healthiest Park Prize: The park who receives the most votes (visits) in the month of July.
Activity Challenge Prize: The municipality whose residents register and collectively cast the most number of votes regionally.
If you registered online by June 20:
- You'll receive a ticket packet in the mail (by July 1) that includes 1 ticket to each of our 12 participating parks!
- You'll also receive a map of the region so you can pick the parks you are most excited to get to know :)
- You'll need to go to Facebook and like our page @ Mission Healthy Living to follow the contest updates throughout the month of July.
- Aside from tickets, you can take one selfie, per day, per park to cast more votes for your favorite places.
How do I register after June 20?
Ticket packets and maps will be available at your local municipal buildings, first come, first serve, beginning July 1st.
- Once you obtain your ticket packet, you must register it here. Unregistered votes will not be tallied.
If your municipality of residence does not have a park participating in the contest, you can still participate and pick up these materials at the Foundation office: 152 E. High Street, Suite 500, Pottstown, Pa. 19464. Please note, your votes will only count towards the Healthiest Park Prize for each participating park you visit.
You'll need to go to Facebook and like our page @ Mission Healthy Living to follow the contest updates throughout the month of July.
Aside from tickets, you can take one selfie, per day, per park to cast more votes for your favorite places.
What's in it for your park?
- Tickets and selfies are added up at every park and the parks with the highest number of visits will win grant dollars to improve themselves
- *If you're living in a township that has a participating park, every ticket you drop will ALSO cast a vote for your hometown park. The local park who has the most residents collectively voting with their tickets will also win grant dollars!
What's in it for you?
- Each week, the Foundation will draw from the pile of tickets that were dropped and selfies posted that week, and those individuals can win things like water bottles, recreation gear, games, fitness trackers and bikes!
- You also get to say you did your part to be healthy and contribute to your local community!
2016 Participating Municipalities:
- *Borough of Boyertown- Community Park
- *Borough of Pottstown- Memorial Park
- *Borough of Spring City- Brown Street Park
- *Douglass Township- Douglass Park
- *Exeter Township- Lorane Hollow Park
- *Lower Pottsgrove- Sanatoga Park
- *New Hanover Township- Swamp Creek Park
- *North Coventry Township- Kenilworth Park
- Upper Frederick Township- Bob Wayland Memorial Park
- *Upper Pottsgrove Township- Hoffman and Kulp Field
- West Vincent Township- Evans Park
- West Pottsgrove Township- Community Pool
* Denotes municipalities who participated in the 2015 contest.