By: Mission Healthy Living
April 11, 2016
The Spring-Ford Area School District presents Dr. Kenneth Ginsburg, a pediatrician specializing in Adolescent Medicine at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and a Professor of Pediatrics at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. He will present a two-part series- Raising Kids to Thrive and Cope in the Face of Adversity.
WHEN: April 14, 2016 at 6:30 p.m. and May 9, 2016 at 6:30 p.m.
WHERE: Spring-Ford Area High School
Dr. Ginsburg delivers an engaging, can’t-miss talk that is authentic, practical, and supportive to parents or anyone working with children and teens. He presents a comprehensive coping strategy to help children make wiser choices. This is a free event and is open to the public.
This talk is an overview of the “Seven C’s Model of Resilience.” Parents will leave the session better prepared to:
- Build confidence in their children
- Reinforce their children’s competence
- Foster the vital connection between parents and children
- Develop character, respect, responsibility, and doing the right thing, even if it’s hard
- Develop critical coping strategies that help children thrive through adversity
- Help children gain control over their own lives, not be passive recipients of life’s events
- Help children contribute to the well-being of others
RSVP to Erin Crew, Spring-Ford Manager of Communications and Marketing, at email@example.com, 610-705-6206 or online.
*Click flyer to view a PDF verison